You can use the code FRI5015 at acehardware.com to get up to $15 off any item. Select Pick Up at Store to get FREE shipping.
Remember to go to Ebates first, and save an additional 6%.
Raise is offering $10 off a purchase of $15 or more to new customers if you use the coupon code RAISE10.
I didn’t find a great deal for our family right away, but I signed up for alerts for Chik-fil-A. I had to wait a few days, but I finally was able to click on the link soon enough (they sell out fast!) and find one for a value that I wanted (some were $100, and I didn’t need that much).
I decided to buy the gift card through Raise because . . .
- We love eating at Chik-fil-A! It has a great play area for our kids and gives us a babysitter free date night almost.
- Our children’s school has a fundraiser night there, so we will be spending money there in the future anyway. I never see deals on gift cards for Chik-fil-A otherwise, so I might as well save money now, and still be earning our school reward credit!
- I earned my friend a $5 credit by signing up through her link! (You can earn $5 by referring your friends too.)
This Saturday, November 28, is Small Business Saturday. I love the idea behind this day— to support local businesses.
If you do not want to get out, but instead want to support local businesses from home, you still can! Masthof Press and Bookstore in Morgantown is offering FREE Shipping from Friday 11/27 to Monday 11/30. Just use code BF2015.
Here are my top 12 gift ideas through their site:
For Dad: Back to Basics
For a Boy: The Mysterious Baseball Scorecard
For Grandma: How to Babysit a Grandma
For the Coffee Table Book Lover: The Four Seasons of Lancaster County
For Grandpa: How to Babysit a Grandpa
For the Reader: 100 Christian Books that Changed the Century
For the Encourager: Roma Ruth Greeting Card
For the Preschooler: Listen and Learn Bible Story Book
For the Toddler: Create Your Own Noah’s Ark Sticker Picture
For the Game Lover: Dutch Blitz
For a Girl: Finger Loopers
For the Family: Christmas Ideas for Families
As a side-note . . . I had no idea this Children’s classic was translated into Pennsylvania German!! Did you?
Did you see Kohl’s Black Friday deals are available online? You don’t even need to go to the store this weekend – you can buy them now!
I saw Money Saving Mom’s post on FREE Small Kitchen Appliances from Kohl’s, and was intrigued at how she shows you to get a slow cooker, 12 cup coffee maker, griddle, waffle maker and single serve coffee maker for FREE after rebates, coupon codes and Kohl’s cash.
Be sure to sign up for Ebates and click through Ebates to get to Kohl’s so you can earn another 6%. Plus, if you sign up for the first time today you can earn a $10 gift card after your first purchase.
Note: Some links in this post are affiliate links.
Did you know that Amazon offers FREE Kindle books? Here are some FREE titles for today. Please double-check before you buy, because sometimes the price may increase without warning.
- The Big Lead
- Top 200 Green Smoothie Recipes
- The Blue Wooden Horse
- DIY: Hacks To Declutter
- This Much Is True
- A Song for Bellafortuna
- Holiday Crafts
- Jingle All the Way
- Slow Cooking For Beginners
- East of the Sun
Thanks, See Mom Click!
Christmas light shows are simply an amazing work of art to enjoy during the holiday season. Here are 10 Lancaster County and beyond Christmas light shows for you to enjoy with your family in 2015! (Some are large productions with a fee, others are free neighborhood houses.)
1. Frysville Farms, 300 Frysville Road, Ephrata
2. 57 Reagan Drive, Ephrata
3. Candy Cane Lanes, Hershey
4. 2015 Opening Night Lights, 525 Woodland Dr; Manheim
5. 2015 Kennett Square Holiday Lights, State Street in Downtown Kennett Square
6. Christmas on Lincoln, 2031 Lincoln Ct, Wyomissing
7. Extreme Christmas Light Show, 218 North Sandy Lane, Sinking Spring
8. Christmas Magic at Rocky Ridge Park, York
9. Peddler’s Village, Route 202 and Route 203, Lahaska, PA (Bucks County)
10. Koziar’s Christmas Village, 782 Christmas Village Road, Bernville
Last year Lancaster Online put a list of local houses with nice lights. There is a nice map to go with it too, if you want to drive by several of them. Some are to music, others are not.
Some more additions to the list . . . .
Holiday Lights at Gring’s Mill ($5 per car) Includes Walk through light display, nightly entertainment, Santa Claus, a model train display and refreshments. 2083 Tulpehocken Road, Wyomissing
Thomas the train, and Percy, are visiting the Strasburg Railroad this weekend! It’s a little expensive for us, but I wanted my kids to get to enjoy it. Especially since my 2 year old just LOVES tractors and trains right now. So in the beautiful weather yesterday we scoped out the area and found the Red Caboose Motel.
Let me tell you, this is the perfect place for an alternative to riding the train. And I think my kids enjoyed it just as much if not more, because they actually got to see Thomas driving the train.
The Red Caboose Motel is one of the first things the passengers see on their trip. It has Amish Buggy rides, so the kids can look at the horses while they wait for the train. There are also llamas, pigs, chickens and goats (which my kids got a kick out of their huge horns!). There are quaint benches and picnic tables for the kids to wave from when they train goes by. And there is even a little playground.
We did a quick walk through the gift store and saw a bunch of small rides my kids found fascinating as well. I will admit the store was kind of small and organized uniquely, but you might find some hidden treasures while you are getting warm inside. But be careful with your time! Thomas and Percy are only regulated to go a short distance before they have to turn around, so you have about a 2-3 minute wait before you can wave to them a second time.
The train departs every half hour between the timeframe for that day, usually starting around 10:15am and ending sometime between 3pm or 4pm. See the Day Out with Thomas train schedule.
A few weeks ago at church on Sunday, the pastor was talking about some baptisms that would happen at the end of the service. My son looked up at my husband and I, and said, “I want to be baptized.” It was a very surreal moment, yet we felt it was a Holy Spirit led.
We took him out of the sanctuary, talked with him about why he wanted to and he shared his heart with us and how he loves Jesus and believes He died on the cross for us. It was a simple yet emotional testimony for him to tell us and the children’s director.
We are thrilled that he took a step towards obeying God and a huge step in the journey of being obedient to God’s directives for the rest of his life.
We knew it was time to celebrate, so we started by taking pictures and video of the baptism. After the day was over, I realized that I wished I had thought of a few things beforehand, and thought I could share about a heads up for my readers! Of course we can’t plan completely since we have no idea when that point in time will come, and we just trust in faith that it will be in our lifetime so we can help guide them and celebrate with them.
Here are my three tips.
- Celebrate. We had a special dinner with candles (because my kids love them!), party blowers (so glad I keep party leftovers of these on hand!), and a crown for my son to wear. We didn’t have special foods because we weren’t expecting it, but we made what we did have, special and unique! I honestly don’t even remember the meal I served that night.
- Write a card. I went through my stash of cards that I keep on hand and found one with a butterfly on it. Perfect! As I wrote in the card, I wanted to be really intentional with what I said. I used the butterfly analogy because I thought that was perfect for the start of his new journey in transforming into a son of God. I also searched on pinterest for ideas to help inspire me and found this great post. I used some of their ideas and some of my own to come up with this . . .
We will always celebrate today as the day you were obedient to sharing with everyone that you believe in Jesus Christ. As a caterpillar is transformed, so will God transform you into a beautiful butterfly throughout the rest of your life. It will take work on your part, and continued obedience, but we have seen Him start this process in you already. The Lord is pleased as He looks at your life! He sees your increasing spiritual maturity and efforts to please and live for Him. Joshua 1:9
- Give a gift. This was the one I really wish I would have been more prepared for, but God worked it out. I wanted to give him something to inspire his journey in getting to know God more. Something to help him form a good habit of how to maintain his close friendship with God. I would have liked to buy him a devotional unique to him, but I didn’t have time for that. Then, I remembered a daily one year kids devotional that my parents gave me which I still had stored away. It wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but it was all that was needed!I knew I hit it right on, when I gave him the gift and I was able to see his heart shine through his wide open eyes. His excitement was contagious and inspirational. He wanted to open it immediately and start reading right away!
My intention is to give him a card and a gift every year, journaling and marking his God journey. I want to be intentional about pointing out to him where we have seen him grow in his character, godliness and purity. Something he can look back on when he doubts and know that he is surely a son of God.
I would love for you to share how you have celebrated this special life event too.
Looking for Christmas Gift Ideas for the men in your life? My husband has spent the last year reviewing products from shavers to quadcopters to balsalmic vinegar to coffee makers to a Chevy Volt. He does thorough research, looks for the best price and value and reports the truth on Amazon, Five30Reviews and YouTube.
Here are his top 6 Gifts for a Man for 2015.
3. Estes ProtoX Quadcopter
Playing with the Proto X brings a new meaning to the word fun. It is small enough to be used in an office environment. It’s easy to learn, stable and robust—not to mention a very affordable price. Read More
4. Mr. Rugged Beard Balm
This stuff smells great! It goes on smooth and makes your beard feel soft and smooth. Includes natural ingredients including argon oil, olive oil, soybean oil, pumpkin seed oil, and essential oils. Read More
5. JBL High-Performance Wireless Stereo Headphones
The JBL Synchros E40BT are one of the newest headphones from JBL. Very clean and nice overall sound with bluetooth connectivity and if needed you can switch over to a cable and continue listening well beyond the battery. Read More
6. Capresso Coffee á la Carte
The Capresso Coffee à la Carte is a favorite kitchen appliance allowing you to choose between a single cup or a full pot of coffee. You can also choose to use pre-ground coffee or grind your own to the consistency that you prefer. Read More