It’s strawberry picking time! There are so many great places to pick strawberries in Lancaster County, and the kids love it! A recent post by prompted me to share a few of the secrets I know about. It is amazing how the prices really vary depending where you go. The first year we went strawberry picking, I had no idea what a good price was. Last year we went to Sauder Strawberry and we were very pleased. They were delicious and good sized and decently priced!! If you have a favorite, comment about it and I will update this post as we go.
1. Hoover’s (Erbs Bridge Road, Lititz). They will open the week of June 1st sometime. Call 717-733-1048 for more info. Price is $1.49 per pound.
2. Sauder Strawberry (1031 Valley View Road, New Holland). Please call 717-572-8394 to reserve your rows. They just had a special from Mary 28-29 to get 25% off your strawberries if you pick 2 full provided trays. Price is $1.85 pound.
3. Weaver’s Orchard (40 Fruit Lane, Morgantown). Strawberries will be available May 30 starting at 7 a.m.! On May 30, we will have limited quantities available. Please plan to come early–within the first hour or two– if you want to make sure there will still be strawberries available to pick. From June 1 – 4, pick-your-own will be open mornings only. By Friday, we plan to be open all day, weather permitting! If you are picking less than 5 pounds it is $3.99/lb, and prices decrease the more you pick.
4. Brecknock Orchard (390 Orchard Road, Mohnton). The season opened May 28. Price is $3.25/lb for less than 10 pounds, and decreases to $2.25/lb if you pick over 20 pounds.
5. Myers Strawberries (1429 Auction Road, Manheim). Please call 717-653-1259. Price is $2.10 per quart.
6. Shenk’s Berry Farm (911 Disston View Drive, Lititz). Please call 717-626-6194. Price is $1.60/lb.