I never knew there was a playground right around the corner from our pediatrician . . . An Interactive Google Map of Lancaster County Playgrounds

Lancaster County Playground Map

I never knew there was a playground right around the corner from my pediatrician’s office until I made this playground map of Lancaster County!

How many times were you out on an errand, and you needed an emergency playground? We’ve often been out and wanted to enjoy a quick spur of the moment picnic or snack, while we wait for something else.

This map will help you find a playground wherever you are. It’s on Google, so you can bring it up on your phone, and find directions quickly. Click on a balloon, and most playgrounds also have listed what is available including ball fields and open areas.

Playground Photo Guides

I am also in the process of making photo guides of the playgrounds. I often wanted to know what equipment was at a playground before I went, especially if I really needed a baby swing or had older children with me who wouldn’t get bored with the small toddler playgrounds.

Here are the photo guides I have available so far. The links will go active as I add them.

Ephrata Area Playground Photo Guide
Lititz Area Playground Photo Guide
Manheim Township Playground Photo Guide
Denver Area Playground Photo Guide

I know I have missed some playgrounds, especially on the western side of Lancaster since I don’t get over there often. Please comment below and I will add them to the map. Thank you!!!

Consider pinning this post to your summertime board, so you can find it when you need it.

frugal lancaster email newsletter sign up updates

Other popular posts:

Lancaster County Farmer's Markets Energy Bites rhubarb crunch

howtoprintyourownwallartforlessthan2 A complete list of the best Birthday Clubsto sign up for in Lancaster County, PA (1)  how we save on electricity

23 comments

1. Vanessa Brubaker says:

There is one in Strasburg, the Jaycee park, off of the main street before you get the center of town.

• Kathy says:

Thank you! I tried to find that one and mark it but for some reason I wasn’t certain on the map and I didn’t want to mark it wrong. I will check again and add it now. Thanks so much for helping to make this map complete!!!

• Kathy says:

Ok it is added now! I guess there are two Jaycee Parks in Lancaster County . . . one is not in Strasburg, and that’s the one I had on the list. Now they are both there! 😉

2. Megan says:

Such a fun idea! Some of our favorite parks are in the city – Sixth Ward, Musser, Buchanan, Northwest Corridor, etc. Lancaster Community Park also has a cute playground. I was also surprised you didn’t include Long’s Park, as they have a variety of playgrounds.

• Kathy says:

Yes, I have a list of those, and I need to add those next. Hopefully I’ll be done them tonight sometime.

3. diana says:

6th ward park in the city also has a zero entry pool in the summer. As well as charcoal grills, small pavilion, and picnic tables.

4. Juliana says:

Linear park in Lancaster city. The play ground equipment is right at the James and mulberry street entrance to the park

5. Jennifer says:

There is a great park off Columbia Ave called Greider Park. Nice equipment and tucked away from the main roads.

6. Karen Giffin says:

Freedom Memorial Park in Millersville is right behind John Herr’s market. There’s a playground, pavilions, walking path, and skate park.

7. Amber says:

There are two playgrounds on the greendfield corporate center park. There’s also a walking path and fitness equipment type things there.

• Kathy says:

Yes! A lot of the wooden parks are often fenced in, I know Roland Park in Akron is, as well as New Holland Park. That’s a good idea for a new post! I will have to do some research and get that posted. Those are the ones that I thought of off the top of my head. Hope it helps you!