It is time to pick your own strawberries in Lancaster County! Did you know that really hot weather is suppose to make for extra sweet strawberries? This is your year to pick, if you’ve never tried before! There are so many great places to pick strawberries in Lancaster County, and kids just love it!
The first year we went strawberry picking, I had no idea what a good price was.
The prices really vary depending where you go—anywhere from $1.40/lb to $3.99/lb! Two years ago, I decided to make a list of all the prices for strawberry picking, and you all loved it! This year I had new inspiration rooting from my Lancaster County Playground Map.
I decided to make a Pick Your Own Strawberries in Lancaster County Google Map. I think you will find it incredibly helpful, especially if you live close to several of the locations. You can click on each star to find the name, location, hours and price per pound.
Some of the prices are per pound and others are per quart. Reader Jacinda very kindly shared that 1.5 pounds equals about 1 quart. Thank you Jacinda!!!!
1. Hoover’s (Erbs Bridge Road, Lititz). They will open the week of June 1st sometime. Call 717-733-1048 for more info. Price is $1.49 per pound. Opens week of May 29, 2017.
2. Sauder Strawberry (1031 Valley View Road, New Holland). Please call 717-572-8394 to reserve your rows. Price is $1.80 / pound.
3. Weaver’s Orchard (40 Fruit Lane, Morgantown). Strawberries will be available May 30 starting at 7 a.m.! On May 30, we will have limited quantities available. Please plan to come early–within the first hour or two– if you want to make sure there will still be strawberries available to pick. From June 1 – 4, pick-your-own will be open mornings only. By Friday, we plan to be open all day, weather permitting! Pricing is from $2.39-$3.99 depending on quantity plus 10% discount for Pick-Your-Own clubcard members. Opens Saturday, May 27, 2017.
4. Brecknock Orchard (390 Orchard Road, Mohnton). Price is $3.25/lb for less than 10 pounds, and decreases to $2.25/lb if you pick over 30 pounds. Opens Saturday, May 27, 2017.
5. Myers Strawberries (1429 Auction Road, Manheim). Please call 717-653-1259. Price is $2.20 per quart.
6. Shenk’s Berry Farm (911 Disston View Drive, Lititz). Please call 717-626-6194. Open from 8am to 12noon and 4:30pm to 8:30pm. This location has a sand play area for children who are done picking before their parents are ready to be done – how convenient!! They do not accept credit/debit cards. Pre-picked strawberries are $3.50/pt. Price is $1.75/lb. Main season pick your own opens the week of May 29, 2017.
7. Sauders Strawberries (40 Lengle Road, Myerstown). Please call 717-866-5807. Closed Sunday. Price is $1.40/lb.
8. Weavers (482 Frysville Road, Ephrata, PA). Please call 717-445-4029. Open Mon-Sat 5:30am-8:30pm. Closed Sunday. Price is $2.00/qt. Opens Friday, May 26, 2017. (Equivalent to about $1.33/lb.)
9. Farm Wagon Produce (1061 Weaverland Road, East Earl). Please call 717-354-2041. Open M-F 7am to 7pm. Closed Sunday. Price is $1.75/lb (or $1.50/lb if you pick over 25 lbs). Opens June 1, 2017.
10. Brook Lawn Farm (2325 Lititz Pike, Lancaster). Call 717-569-4748. Open from 8am-12noon. Closed Sunday. Cash only. Price is $1.99/lb (NOT SET YET FOR 2017, but probably about the same price). Opens next week—check their Facebook.
11. Creekside Farm Market (1436 Mount Joy Road, Manheim). Open 7am-7pm Monday through Friday, and 12noon to 5pm on Sundays. Price is $2.25/qt box.
13. The Old Homestead Farm and Greenhouses (208 Herr Road, Ronks). Call (717) 669-1636. Open Mon-Sat, 8am-6pm. Price is $1.75/lb. Opens Tuesday, May 30 at 8am.
14. Dogwood Farm Market will not have pick your own strawberries available this year, but they will have them for sale and are all picked fresh on the farm!
15. Turtle Hill at East Main Street in Brownstown. Was $1.65/lb last year (I still haven’t confirmed 2017 prices.)
16. Charles Farm along Garber Road in Elizabethtown. Located at 1137 Garber Rd., Elizabethtown, PA. 717-367-7145. Not sure of 2017 price yet. Open from 7am to sundown. Price is $2.50/qt.
17. Kreiders Berry Farm in Neffsville (169 Buch Ave, Lancaster PA 17601). Open 8am -5pm, Monday through Saturday. Price is $1.99/lb.
18. Hilltop Acres Farm Market in Manheim. Turn left (west) on Rife Run Road (2 miles north of Manheim), and its the second farm on the right with a green grocery store building. Open from 7am to 7:30pm. Price is $1.59/lb (about $2.40/qt).
And if you’re looking for a fabulous recipe to try with your strawberries—consider the new favorite in our house, Frozen Yogurt Bites! An excellent recipe to make with your kids.
Or check out these 35 simple and unique ways to use your strawberries.
Be sure to sign up for my email newsletter. I share the best local deals and events, freebies, inspiration, motherhood tips and more—plus you’ll always be alerted when I release a new map like my playground map, photo park guides, pick your own strawberries map, or whatever I come up with next!