If you haven’t been able to tell already, I love trying new recipes! I found this recipe for sugared cranberries in a magazine and saved it—probably for a year or two! I finally tried it last year and we fell immediately in love.
This unique crowd-pleaser recipe is super easy to make, tastes delicious and looks amazing.
Not to mention they get A LOT of attention at a family get-together!
- 2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1 cup water
- 1 bag of cranberries (12oz)
- Boil 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 10 minutes until it thickens just slightly.
- Cool for about 15 minutes.
- In small batches, coat the cranberries in the syrup and then transfer to a cooling rack with a sheet of tin foil underneath.
- Dry the cranberries for about 30-45 minutes.
- Spread the remaining cup of sugar on a cookie sheet (or shallow dish).
- Roll the cranberries in the sugar.
- Refrigerate in an air-tight container.
Honestly, I couldn’t believe we liked it – but the tart cranberry taste mixed with the sweet sugar is simply captivating.
Let me know if you love them as much as we do. 🙂