This SUNDAY, you can celebrate Pennsylvania’s rich history and see some of our great museums – for free!
The Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) invites Pennsylvania residents and visitors to celebrate the commonwealth’s 336th birthday on Charter Day, Sunday, March 12, with FREE admission to many historic sites and museums along the Pennsylvania Trails of History. Charter Day celebrates the founding of Pennsylvania.
Participating historic sites and museums include:
- Pennsylvania Anthracite Heritage Museum, Scranton
- Brandywine Battlefield Park, Chadds Ford
- Conrad Weiser Homestead, Womelsdorf
- Cornwall Iron Furnace, Cornwall
- Daniel Boone Homestead, Birdsboro
- Drake Well Museum, Titusville
- Eckley Miners’ Village, Weatherly
- Ephrata Cloister, Ephrata
- Erie Maritime Museum & Flagship Niagara, Erie
- Fort Pitt Museum, Pittsburgh
- Graeme Park, Horsham
- Hope Lodge, Ft. Washington
- Joseph Priestley House, Northumberland
- Landis Valley Village and Farm Museum, Lancaster
- Pennsbury Manor, Morrisville
- Pennsylvania Lumber Museum, Ulysses
- Pennsylvania Military Museum, Boalsburg
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania, Strasburg
- Somerset Historical Center, Somerset
You can find more information on the PHMC website.
Want to stay up to date on fun, free things to do in the Lancaster County area?