Shopping at discount grocery stores in Lancaster County has saved our family an incredible amount of time and money. Time, because we can go on a larger shopping trip just once every few months for certain frozen foods and canned goods. Money, because the savings are just endless! Where else can you find yogurt tubs for $1, boxes of 80ct trash bags for about $4, discounted produce like raspberries and blueberries for $.50 a container and less?
You’ve probably heard of the main food chain discount stores like Aldi, Amelia’s and Save-A-Lot or Sharp Shopper. But what is so unique about Lancaster County, is there are dozens of smaller discount grocery stores that offer savings on unique items. Many of these little stores are Amish or Mennonite-run and offer bulk items that you might not find anywhere else.
Here’s a list of the Lancaster County Discount Grocery stores in alphabetical order. They can be hidden on back roads and easily missed—but worth a visit!
- Aldi (Lincoln Highway East and Lititz Pike, Lancaster—now open Ephrata too!) Not really a discount grocery store because its not dent and bent or close to expiration, but the prices are amazing so I include it on the list.
- BB’s Grocery Outlet (Morgantown, Quarryville, Myerstown) A post with pictures coming soon!
- Centerville Bulk Foods (near Intercourse)
- Ebenezer Groceries (465 North Reading Road, Ephrata) Here are some of my favorite items to buy at Ebenezer!
- Eby’s General Store (Ephrata and Honey Brook)
- Esh’s Discount Grocery 3736-B E Newport Road, Gordonville, PA 17529
- Glennwood Foods Discount Grocer (1614 Division Highway, Ephrata) If you’ve never been to this store, be sure to check out my post on 25 Favorite Items to Buy at Glennwood Foods! It’s packed full of photos on the best buys you’ll find there.
- Granny’s Discount Groceries on New Danville Pike
- Grocery Outlet (used to be Amelia’s)
2108 Spring Valley Rd, Lancaster, PA 17601
685 West Main Street, New Holland
- Green Hills Farm Discount Grocer 615 E Newport Rd, Lititz, PA 17543
- Lantz’s Discount Grocer (Leola) Don’t miss their cold room, behind the neatest door!
- Musser Specialty Foods (1583 Main Street, Goodville, PA 17528
- Save-A-Lot (222 S Queen St, Lancaster, PA 17603)
- Sharp Shopper (locations in Ephrata and Leola)
- Willow Creek Discount Grocery (30 Willow Street, Reinholds)
- My 25 Favorite Finds at Glennwood Grocery Store
- Lantz’s Discount Grocer (and what they’re known for!)
- My $26.93 Ebenzer Grocery Shopping Trip
- Centerville Bulk Foods
I know you all love these posts and the photos that go with them, so I’ll be adding to this as regularly as I can! Let me know if there’s any you’d really like to know about first! 🙂